Friday, January 24, 2014

To be loved

Perfectly compatible. That's what I'm looking for. Not merely, simply, seemingly compatible, but truly, madly, insanely compatible. Like peanut butter and jelly, ying and yang,  Jack and Jill. I want to fall in love. Hard. I want to live life. I want to be adventurous; a daredevil, not meekly sitting on the sidelines watching as time passes us by. Yes, time has the appearance of rushing by us, and I want to be so caught up in the stream of time that it seems to stop; to suspend. There is nothing that can describe my longing for a happy life, and I am doing my best to get myself there. Of course, I can't control everything that happens in my life (I guess I have the notion that there is some free will in this world, but some things are beyond our control- like the actions of other people), but for the things I can control... Well I don't want to mess anything up.

They say that there is someone out there for everyone. That true love is waiting for you just around the corner. Maybe it is, but there are plenty if people who live their entire lives searching and never finding that special someone. I have of late been contemplating why it is that I am alone. My theory, as has been seconded or proposed by others, is that I have higher standards than some. On the one hand, I suppose it means that if I do find someone they will be intelligent, athletic, competitive, handsome, and adventurous. On the other hand, there is that "if"...

But who's to say that I need a man to be happy? Certainly not I. But that doesn't go to say that I wouldn't be even happier if I did have a man in my life. Someone to comfort me, to cuddle with me, watch sappy movies with me, get me flowers and chocolate, tell me I'm beautiful, even when I think I'm not. If someone like that walks into my life, he sure will be a keeper. I only hope that he will think the same of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment